9.29.2008

oh, our poor seahawks...

this post made me giggle...it came from the seattle times photographer's blog.

Did the Seahawks sell their souls to the Devil in order to get to a Super Bowl?
Did Mike Holmgren, Tim Ruskell and Tod Leiweke secretly meet with Beelzebub outside of a Kirkland bar in the fall of 2005, asking for a monster year by Shaun Alexander and a trip to Detroit for Super Bowl XL?
I looked through my archives and I don't have any photographic proof that such a meeting took place.
But if it had, might it have gone like this?

Devil: Let's get this straight -- you want to go to the Super Bowl this season.

Holmgren: Yes. Once more before I retire.

Devil: Remember -- the Super Bowl is in Detroit. You sure you don't want to wait until it's in a warmer climate?

Leiweke: We don't care. We think we can beat Pittsburgh.

Devil: It'll cost you...

Ruskell: We know. How about you take Steve Hutchinson and let him sign a poison pill contract with Minnesota?

Devil: Well, I do owe Minnesota. I did once take their hockey team and move it to Dallas.

Holmgren: What's it going to be?

Devil: How about I take six wide receivers from you in 2008?
(Holmgren, Leiweke and Ruskell huddle together...)

Holmgren (whispering): Let's do it!

Leiweke: We're completely mortgaging our future!

Ruskell: Who cares? We might not even be in Seattle. I heard some rich goofus in Oklahoma City is trying to move a team there.

They turn their attention back to the black-clad figure.

Holmgren: Deal! We go to the Super Bowl, you get some receivers down the road.

Devil: Great. Done. Now excuse me -- I have a meeting. The Steelers want to meet with me...something about NFL officials next February...

1 comment:

Christina Johnson said...

This is great!!